Proof of item:
With the soaring number of dressing products, hundreds of procedures and protocols to follow, and the complexity of matching wound beds to the correct products…wound care is challenging.
Not to mention the added pressure of avoiding a costly documentation mistake.
As a trusted expert in the wound care field, Kim Saunders, MSN/ED, RN, CWON©, CFCN, understands your concerns — and has developed this self–paced certificate course to meet the critical demands of healing wounds.
With 6 modules of must–knows, this intensive course will show you step–by–step how to assess, treat, and document challenging wounds you may encounter in your clinic or hospital.
You’ll also go over wound healing goals, factors that can impede on the process, palliative care techniques, a dressing selection guide, debridement, pouching demonstrations, nutrition tips, and so much more!
This certificate course is for you… no matter what healthcare environment you work in.
Plus, when you join us today you also get a FREE bonus pocket guide download you can print and carry with you at work!
A comprehensive wound care certificate training!
Wound Healing 101
In modules one and two, you’ll gain foundational insight into wound care, including:
- Goals, factors affecting healing, wound types, and non-healing wounds.
- Proper assessment, treatment, and management of varying wound types.
- Dressing types, wound cleansing, useful products, debridement types, palliative care, osteomyelitis, bioburden control & management, and bacteria – plus much more!
Wound Care: Lower Extremities
In module three, you’ll develop a full comprehension of wounds on the lower extremities of the human body, with a focus on legs and feet. Dive into:
- Risk factors, assessment considerations, arterial and venous diseases, and treatment of ulcers, infections, plus much more.
- Surgical interventions, edema management, medications, adjunctive therapies, neuropathic conditions, and nail considerations.
Top Down Damage vs. Bottom Up Damage
In module four, Kim will guide you through how to assess, manage, and treat damage types. You’ll dive into skin tear classifications, moisture balance and other considerations, including:
- Differentiating between moistures, skin tear protocols and much more for top down damage.
- Assessing and treating bottom up damage, including pressure, staging, and skin failure.
Stomal & Peristomal Assessment & Management
This module dives into pouching, ostomy management, and critical musts for problem solving immediate needs for your patient and getting them the best care, despite not being certified in ostomy treatment. Dive into:
- Discuss leakage, irritation, planned predictable pouching sessions, dietary concerns related to conditions and other tips to make treatment easier.
- Tips to provide proper management, including effluent indicators to avoid, how to cut/mold a flange to fit a stoma and much more.
Palliative Wound Care, Goals & Factors
In module six, you’ll dive into palliative wound care, an alternative approach that focuses on relieving suffering and improving the patient’s quality of life when their wound no longer responds to, or the patient can no longer tolerate, curative treatment. Some areas of focus include:
- Common goals and future methods of treatment, including patient education.
- Factors resulting in non-healing refractory wounds, and strategies to approach care.
Tag: Certificate Course: Master the Evolving Challenges of Wound Care – Kim Saunders Review. Certificate Course: Master the Evolving Challenges of Wound Care – Kim Saunders download. Certificate Course: Master the Evolving Challenges of Wound Care – Kim Saunders discount.