Proof of item:
She’ll also draw inspiration and wisdom from a variety of little-known female sages and mystics from across the spectrum of the world’s great wisdom traditions.
A scholar of global mysticism who practices vipassana, observes Shabbat, and honors all spiritual expressions, Mirabai will take us into the heart of a profound healing that the West, in particular, needs now. When we reclaim the feminine Christ within, we can live from wholeness and:
- Reclaim our religious heritage through the wonder of long-ignored female mystics
- Heal our legacy of religious shame, and see ourselves as sacred and whole
- Dissolve the religious schisms that have led to war and great misunderstanding
- Realize a far deeper self-love
- Learn to source our service to the world from a place of inner abundance
As we reclaim the feminine Christ within us – whether we are a man OR a woman – we open to a life of reverence, service and sacred living, in which we truly see ourselves and our world as a divine gift.
That is the path that is illumined by history’s great female mystics, who you will discover with fresh eyes and deep admiration in this transformative training.
While we focus on the feminine, this course was created for both women and men, as this reclamation of the sacred feminine is equally important for both genders. To pave the way to the living of a truly sacred life we all must engage a vision of the living Christ that equally honors both feminine and masculine.
What You’ll Discover in These 7 Sessions
In this 7-module online training, Mirabai will guide you through the fundamental spiritual insights and skills that you’ll need to successfully open to the profound healing power of the divine feminine – and to see your life and the world from a place of greater wholeness and heart.
Each contemplation and training session will build harmoniously upon the next, so that you’ll develop a complete, holistic understanding of the practices, tools and principles you’ll need to cultivate more love, healing and transformative power in your life.
We begin our journey by going to the roots of many of the distortions in our Judeo-Christian heritage, revealing why some of the distortions were created, and healing what has been broken. Mirabai will take us into the heart of one of the great Christian mystics, Julian of Norwich, who reveals a vision of Christ as the Mother – leading to a whole new mythology that puts a primacy on sacred balance, reverence and incarnation, rather than an afterlife. You’ll:
- Understand incarnation of the sacred as a living experience of the feminine, which Judaism calls the Shekinah
- Receive a new vision of the Trinity that includes the feminine – opening space to see the divine feminine within you
- See Mother Mary with wholly new eyes – not meek and mild – but brave and bold, especially with a radically new understanding of her Annunciation
- Discover some of the most important female mystics in Christianity, and learn how these fearless women mystics were able to overcome their persecution and experience a direct communion with God
- Explore how the modern Christian tradition is rebalancing itself to incorporate a more feminine theology
- Restore wholeness in our religious family – bringing back a spirit of family and unification between Judaism, Christianity and Islam
- Revision “Her Story” to make it “our story” for both women and men
Module 2: Repairing of the World in a Feminine Way by Walking the Path of Tikkun Olam
There is a beautiful concept in Judaism of Tikkun Olam, which means that part of our spiritual path is to respond to the brokenness of the world. The more traditional masculine approach to a problem is to “fix” the world, whereas the feminine response to brokenness is to be fully, compassionately present, which restores the bonds of love and connection. The path of the feminine Christ includes this depth of presence in every act of loving kindness, and through the expression of social justice – not as a protest movement, but as a compelling force of kindness.
- Explore the power of turning every act into one of loving kindness based in social justice
- See the path of healing our world through new eyes by learning to hold the space for wholeness, and being lovingly present with what is broken
- Reclaim the potent energy of the spiritual Warrioress in justice and service to the world
- Discover an embodied response to suffering by exploring the broken-open heart of Tara, and embracing the Tibetan Boddhisattva of Compassion
- Understand the deep relationship between Judaism and Christianity in a new way through the lens of Tikkun Olam
Module 3: Reclaiming our Heritage by Sitting at the Feet of the Grandmothers
The most ancient way of transmitting wisdom from generation to generation has been to sit at the feet of our grandmothers and receive the wisdom of the ancestors. With the lack of appreciation of female mystics of Christ, we have largely lost the lineage of feminine transmission in the West. In this module, we will go into the heart of our Abrahamic lineages and discover the radiant, powerful, amazing examples of the feminine Christ that serve as exemplars for how we can live now. They are women who have walked before us to show us the way – beautiful models of living a fearless, embodied, contemplative life in service to the world.
- Become intimate with Biblical figures in a new way, such as Mary, Miriam and Sarah
- Discover the extraordinary wisdom of women mystics, including Hildegard von Bingen, Teresa of Avila and Therese of Lisieux
- Learn about the divine feminine through Fatimah, the daughter of the prophet Mohammed – offering you surprising insights into the feminine within Islam
- Become empowered by the teachings of enlightened women to fearlessly speak the truth of the heart
- Reconnect with the feminine lineage in the West, weaving this essential and ancient wisdom into the tapestry of your spiritual life
Module 4: Releasing Shame Through an Unconditionally Loving God
One of the most negative inheritances that has come from a patriarchal vision of Christ is the creation of shame for our very existence (original sin), sexuality and loving relationships. When we integrate the Feminine Face of God, the deeper truth is that God is unconditionally loving and that there is no wrathful judgement – except that which we project onto God. This module will offer a profound opportunity to heal and release this religious shame.
- Release religiously-sourced shame by understanding its roots and perceiving the reality of an unconditionally-loving God through the eyes of female mystics
- Open to loving yourself unconditionally, just as you are – and extend that quality to all those you encounter
- Practice the power of self-forgiveness, and recognize that you are already forgiven for any perceived transgressions by the Holy One, who has already forgiven them
- Step into your true radiant self by dissolving your identification with the false self (which is actually built from judgements)
- See the mystical separation of masculine and feminine as a longing for the sacred to bring the severed masculine and feminine back into union
- Restore the sacred valuing of the feminine within yourself – whether you are a man or woman
Module 5: Reunifying the Exiled Lover and Beloved
The path of the feminine Christ gives us a different way to relate to God. While many mystics emphasize our union with God, there is something uniquely powerful and motivating about the longing that comes from separation into Lover and Beloved. This relational longing is at the core of the path of the feminine Christ. Mirabai will help the “exiled lover” in you find her way back into ecstatic reunion with the Beloved so that the polarities of human and God, woman and man, earth and sky become a dance of celebration rather than exiled separation. You’ll understand how the severed connection creates disharmony and the restored bond creates new possibilities for love and wholeness. Major losses can become a doorway into the restored bond and so we’ll also look at the practices to transform grief.
- Understand spiritual longing and the connection between personal loss and the longing for God/union with the Divine
- Receive a more spiritual and practical understanding of how to deal with grief and loss, using them as a catalyst for your spiritual opening
- Finally understand that having a broken heart is not a problem: it’s a source of transformation.
- Study the Song of Songs from Hebrew scriptures to receive a new understanding of the role of longing in the Abrahamic faiths
- Explore the Dark Night of Soul and mystical imagery of the secret rendezvous between lover and beloved in the garden, a fairly universal theme of world mystical traditions.
- Understand the practice of Shabbat/Sabbath in a new way, as a time of rest to be infused with the Shekhinah, come home to the earth and allow the connection with God as Beloved to awaken in you
- Practice reconnecting with the divine presence
Module 6: Reclaiming Our Wildness Through Our Creativity
The Divine Feminine is often depicted as far too pristine and sanitized, which suppresses our natural freedom and creativity. In this class, we’ll reconnect with the unbridled, untamed, unbounded aspects of the sacred Feminine. We’ll learn to roar and sizzle again as an expression of the feminine Christ within us. We’ll celebrate going outside of rules and regulations and beyond the confines of the society to rekindle our wild feminine fires.
- Emerge with more freedom and respect for the undomesticated parts of your being
- Expand your vision of what the sacred feminine truly us
- Ignite dormant fires of creativity and passion
- Make a renewed commitment to your creative life, regardless of your existing responsibilities
- Access the wilder parts of you, which brings you more vitality, joy, and freedom
- Remember how to revel in Nature and restore a deep relationship with the natural world
Module 7: Re-engaging Service from Abundance
While you likely share the spirit of service to the world that animates the path of all the great women mystics, you may feel too depleted to really serve with joy. This is very common. The secret that we’ll explore in this module, especially led by the great female mystical teachers, is how to serve others from an overflowing cup by balancing deep contemplation and replenishment of our souls with profound acts of love to the world. This turns service into a sacrament where we are tasting the Beloved in all we see and do rather than becoming hollow husks of human beings. The path of the feminine Christ invariably leads to ministering to the wounds of the world in some way and it takes a strong spiritual practice and reservoir to truly serve from joy and abundance. In this module, you’ll get the foundational understandings and practices that empower you to do so:
- Learn to balance action and contemplation moment by moment and week by week, especially incorporating times of Sabbath
- Discover contemplative practices of solitude and stillness that help to tend the inner garden
- Discern when we are giving service out of obligation or duty rather than love and abundance
- Become fully ok with setting boundaries to take the time you need to restore and recharge
- Move beyond the grind of guilt; it is not your responsibility to fix the whole world and it is not burning down
- Access the natural outflow of compassion and energy that comes from tending your inner life.
- Understand Krishna’s advice to do our duty without attachment to the fruits of our action.
- Avoid the trap of angry activist, who burns herself and others out
- Tap into abundant energy that you can share with the world
- See the Sabbath/Shabbat as both a contemplative practice and political act and build times of restoration into your life, lightening your footprint on the Earth