Proof of item:
Pain brings couples into therapy. Hope keeps them coming back.
The hope that couples are looking for when they come into your office can be lost if sessions are focused primarily on problems and pathology, leaving clients (and therapists) overwhelmed and discouraged.
But with Solution-Focused Therapy (SFT) you can provide rapid, meaningful results for the couples in your care and help them build their ideal future together.
SFT is an evidence-based approach to psychotherapy that focuses on your clients’ greatest desired outcomes instead of the problems to be reduced. Designed to complement any therapeutic framework, the Solution-Focused Therapy approach engages and activates clients to make a change, whether they are new to therapy or have found themselves “stuck” in the therapeutic process.
And unlike traditional problem-driven approaches, Solution-Focused Therapy helps clients recognize their internal resources, identify personal strengths and build on what is already working for them.
Join world-renowned SFT experts Elliott Connie, MA, LPC, and Linda Metcalf, PhD, LMFT, for a comprehensive online course to learn step-by-step how to use Solution-Focused Therapy to help your clients grow their relationships — even in the presence of complex issues such as trauma, PTSD, anxiety, depression and more…
Don’t wait to learn the approach that 77 empirical studies have shown to be effective in as little as 3 sessions.
Solution-Focused Therapy (SFT) starts with the end in mind.
“What do you want from our work?”
Rather than “What brought you here today?”
The evidence-based Solution-Focused Therapy model (also known as Solution Focused Brief Therapy, SFT or SFBT) focuses on your clients’ greatest desires, goals and solutions instead of the problems to be reduced. As a result of this focus, this approach of helping is much more simple than traditional problem-focused approaches.
In this step-by-step training, you’ll learn how to use Solution-Focused Therapy to improve cooperation between partners and move them towards their agreed-upon goals and future. Through clear explanations, engaging exercises and case studies, you’ll see exactly how to conduct SFT sessions and use concrete, pointed questions and conversations with couples to positively shape their preferred future together.
Enroll now and learn how to:
- Instill hope and promote change from your very first session with practical skills from SFT
- Move couples from their “best hopes” to finding real solutions in just 5 simple steps
- Quickly engage your most challenging clients to become active participants in therapy by focusing on desired future outcomes instead of past problems
- Enhance the effectiveness of your current therapeutic approach
- Improve client communication with evidence-based communication strategies that lead to calm, productive conversations between clients
- Experience greater creativity and satisfaction in your work
- Create customizable treatment plans that meet the unique needs of individual clients
- Extract meaningful responses and solutions, even from those who just seem to want to fight, by learning how to ask the right questions
If you’re at that point where your clients aren’t improving, continue to argue in-session or don’t participate, then this course is for you!
How this training works…
Enroll today and renowned experts Linda Metcalf, PhD, LMFT, and Elliott Connie, MA, LPC, will guide you step-by-step through two engaging modules of intensive training on the foundations of Solution-Focused Therapy as well as the specific application in couples therapy.
Module 1 | Beyond Compliments:
Using Solution-Focused Therapy in Clinical Practice
A 5-Hour Video Training featuring Linda Metcalf, PhD, LMFT
Imagine a therapy session where you focus solely on the priority goals of your client and you collaborate on the steps to accomplish that goal…
Where the client becomes an active part of the solution for their own desired outcomes by identifying what is already working.
Using the solution-focused approach, empowerment takes place in the very first session and keeps your client focused on their direction of choice.
In this innovative module with Linda Metcalf, you will begin by learning the fundamentals of the evidence-based SFT model. Through step-by-step instruction, you’ll discover how to create goals with your clients through a variety of questions, and how to help clients work efficiently to accomplish their desired change in their lives — no matter what the circumstance.
Introduction to Solution-Focused Therapy
- The Five Steps to Solutions
- Goal Setting
- Exception Identification
- Scaling Question
- Task Development
- Re-description of diagnosis to help clients see themselves within the normal range
- Interactive Solution-Focused practice
The Solution-Focused Process
- Solution-Focused ideas to consider
- Working with challenging clients
- Specific applications of SFT
- Sexual abuse
- Grief and loss
- School issues
- Chemical Dependency
- Eating disorders
… and so much more
- Discovering exceptions and how to handle them
- The art of making lists with clients struggling with depression, relationship conflict or family issues
- Techniques you can begin to use immediately in your next session
Module 2 | Solution Focused Therapy For Couples:
An Evidence-Based Approach for Dynamic Results
A 5-Hour Video Training featuring Elliott Connie, MA, LPC
In this module, you’ll learn how to use the foundations of SFT from module 1 to help couples work together to build the relationship they desire rather than arguing about the problems that have occurred. You’ll gain the tools necessary to help couples focus on moving forward and positively shape their preferred future together.
Combining hope-filled stories, dynamic lecture, interactive exercises, and video examples, Dr. Elliott Connie offers you a new and effective perspective for working with couples with all personality types.
You’ll end this session confident in your ability to help couples through the 6 steps of effective SFT therapy:
Step 1: Establishing a “best hope” for the session
- How to establish a set of goals and direction from the very start
- How to use questions and language to accomplish goals
Step 2: Problem free talk
- The value of taking time to get to know the client beyond their problems
- Identifying the therapist’s task during this stage
Step 3: Honeymoon talk
- How to identify the couple’s exceptions and amplify them
- How to identify the couple’s strengths and amplify them
Step 4: Detailed picture of the preferred future
- Discovering key components to a usable preferred future
- How to use solution building language to assist the couple in describing their future
Step 5: Assess current status toward progress
- Examining different types of scaling questions
- The 4 points to an SF scale
Step 6: Session feedback/suggestions
- Session closed
Tag: “Reconnecting Couples with Solution-Focused Therapy: An intensive Online Course – Elliott Connie & Linda Metcalf” Review. “Reconnecting Couples with Solution-Focused Therapy: An intensive Online Course – Elliott Connie & Linda Metcalf” download. “Reconnecting Couples with Solution-Focused Therapy: An intensive Online Course – Elliott Connie & Linda Metcalf” discount.