Proof of item:
When I first became a nurse, I LOVED it. I had so much pride for what I did, and gained so much satisfaction from offering my patients comfort and support in difficult times.
It didn’t take long, however, for things to go downhill. I began to see why many nurses are jaded, and why so many leave the profession.
There are the obvious issues such as long hours, insufficient breaks, and complete exhaustion. What was worse for me was the lack of support — even downright cruelty — from my supervisors and colleagues.
But it was when I realized I was no longer making a difference in my patients’ lives that I knew something had to change.
A harsh reality of our profession is that nurses are mean to each other. Some of the most compassionate people on the planet crack under the stress and take it out on their fellow nurses.
But it doesn’t have to be that way — and YOU can make a difference.
Join us in a powerful online course designed to equip you with real solutions to some of the most critical problems in the nursing professions today:
- Nurse Burnout and Compassion Fatigue
- The Addicted Professional
- Conflict in the Workplace
- Nurse Incivility
- Generational Differences in Nurses
- Spirituality in Nursing
PLUS Dozens of Stress Reduction Strategies for Nurses!
Our work is vitally important. Being alert and calm, grounded and centered is essential for quality patient care.
This online course has been designed to combat the most frustrating and exhausting stressors.
Rediscover why you became a nurse, and apply what you learn to solve some of your most challenging everyday problems. Your patients are counting on you!
Here’s what you’ll learn in this comprehensive online course:
Hot Topics for Nurse Leaders: Six Calls to Action with Karen Burton, PhD, RN, CNE
Gone are the days when nurses spent their shifts perfectly folding bed sheets, giving backrubs, and emptying bedpans. The role of the nurse in the 21st century has evolved and changed drastically from those earlier days. Nurses today walk into their work settings and have to deal with ever-changing technologies, conflict with patients or co-workers, and a variety of situations which require skills they don’t often learn in nursing school. Nurses of today must be able to think and prioritize care that is much more complex, while at the same time making important split-second decisions and acting as leaders and educators.
- Nurse burnout is at an all time high. How can you protect yourself so you can remain dedicated to the work you take pride in?
- Learn from the real-life experiences of nurses who have experienced addiction
- Challenging conflict scenarios (leadership, patient/family and co-worker examples)
- What lends itself to nurse incivility, bullying, and toxic work environments?
- Veteran nurses have so much knowledge to share, how do we keep generational differences from hindering the transfer of that knowledge?
- With so many intense situations unfolding each day, how can you practice self compassion? You did your best, right?
Stress Reduction Strategies for Nurses: Revitalize Your Practice with Sara Lefkowitz, RN, BSN, MPA
Learn a variety of new skills to incorporate into your professional practice and your personal life as well. Sara will help identify your habitual stress reactions. As you become more aware of these reactions, you develop the capacity to respond to stress rather than react.
- Defeat burnout and reclaim the ability to make a difference in the lives of others
- Achieve life/work balance by living in the present moment
- Improve patient safety through focus, concentration and balance
- Apply mindfulness techniques to challenging patient care scenarios
- Decrease emotional exhaustion through awareness of your habitual stress reactions
- Experience mindful eating
- Weave quick and effective selfcare practices into your day
Tag: “Top 6 Nursing Challenges: Solutions and Stress Reduction Strategies Every Nurse Needs – Karen Lee Burton & Sara Lefkowit” Review. “Top 6 Nursing Challenges: Solutions and Stress Reduction Strategies Every Nurse Needs – Karen Lee Burton & Sara Lefkowit” download. “Top 6 Nursing Challenges: Solutions and Stress Reduction Strategies Every Nurse Needs – Karen Lee Burton & Sara Lefkowit” discount.