Proof of item:
The Key to Re-balancing Your Hormones
Are you dragging through your days… foggy or fatigued?
Are you living with chronic fatigue or pain that prevents you from participating in activities you used to love?
Or maybe stress is taking a toll on your immune system…
You may even have a health condition for which you’ve been given a “wastebasket” diagnosis such as Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome.
Dr. Ritamarie, founder the Institute of Nutritional Endocrinology, can help you explore natural and effective ways to heal thyroid, adrenal, insulin, and other imbalances (which fuel disease-expressing genes) — helping you advance towards unstoppable health.
Dr. Ritamarie, once depleted and brain-fogged herself, immersed herself in study and research until she developed her own (now proven) system for guiding others towards unstoppable health. This system focuses on seven pillars of health, all of which influence the proper functioning of your hormones, brain, and other vital body systems
Over seven live video sessions, Dr. Ritamarie will give you simple choices and practices, based on your genetics, to help you get to the root causes of — and shift — these conditions. She’ll also demystify genetic testing. A simple, inexpensive test can give you clues as to how your specific body responds to the environment and foods you eat, as well as how you exercise, sleep, and de-stress.
What You’ll Discover in These 7 Weeks
Course sessions are on Tuesdays at Noon Pacific.
In this 7-week transformational intensive, Dr. Ritamarie will guide you through the fundamental skills and competencies you’ll need to attain and maintain untoppable health.
This course will feature LIVE teachings, interactive training sessions, experiential practices, and Q&A sessions with Dr. Ritamarie. Each weekly LIVE contemplation and training session will build harmoniously upon the previous ones so you’ll develop a complete holistic understanding of the practices, tools, and principles you’ll need to feel vibrant, energized, and in control of your health and your life.
Module 1: Accessing Your Inner Knowing of How to Heal (July 31)
We begin by giving you tools to check in with your inner knowing of what you value and desire most in life. Connecting to your deepest desires allows you to make empowered choices about how to live your life. You’ll get tools to help you connect with this powerful inner guidance whenever you need to make choices about your daily habits — food, movement, sleep, interactions, and pleasurable activities.
In this module, you’ll:
- Identify your core values and your big WHY
- Examine the 2 branches of the autonomic nervous system, and the influence they have on your healing potential
- Understand how the endocrine system, which controls hormone function, is actually the master controller of the entire body
- Discoverodule how to identify when your body is an alarm state and quickly shift back to equanimity through a powerful breathing exercise
- Explore why your genes are only part of your destiny — your thoughts, environment, diet, and environment are the major influencers
- Gain insight into how your daily choices can empower your innate healing mechanisms
Module 2: Bridging the Gap
Identifying the Obstacles Between You & Your Desired State of Health (August 7)
In this module, you’ll discover how to identify the obstacles that are standing between you and your desired state of health and wellbeing. You’ll learn what it means to have unstoppable health, and how you can identify the diet and lifestyle factors that are getting in the way of your experience of feeling unstoppable.
You’ll get access to simple health assessment questionnaires and be able to calculate your score for each of the major body systems. You’ll also receive information about lab tests that assess for nutritional imbalances, even if you don’t have a doctor who’s trained in functional medicine.
Finally, you’ll get the scoop on the value of genetic testing and its methods for assessing your likelihood of having certain genetic variations, even if you don’t get tested. When you know your genes — by doing a simple and inexpensive test for what’s called single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs, as they are commonly called) — you get clues as to how your specific body responds to the environment and foods you eat, as well as how you exercise, sleep, and de-stress.
After completing this module, you’ll:
- Understand the concept of unstoppable health, and determine what it means to you
- Be able to identify imbalances in your key organ and gland systems through simple paper and pencil symptom assessments
- Know how to identify nutritional imbalances through functional lab testing, and how to get access to these tests
- Have clarity about genetic testing and the value of looking for a few key genetic variations, and how knowing these can you make better informed diet and lifestyle choices that could significantly improve your health
- Understand the buzzwords in genetics these days — methylation, SNPs, MTHFR, and more — so you can make informed choices about your daily actions and habits
Module 3: Food as Medicine
Creating Your Personalized Nutrition Plan (August 14) (Pre-recorded)
In this module, you’ll discover the role of food in keeping your hormones, brain, and bodily systems in balance. It’s pretty clear that the standard Western diet is flawed; it’s loaded with too many processed foods for your body to adequately handle.
There are so many food plans, each claiming to be the “right one” for all humans to consume. In reality, there are pros and cons to most of them, and the “truth” for you lies in identifying the best choices for you based on your unique circumstances. We’ll explore the pros and cons of a variety of eating plans, and help you determine which one, or which hybrid of several, are best for you, based on your genetics, your health history and labs, and your current symptoms.
You’ll find out which foods hurt and which foods heal your hormones and digestive systems, and how to make the best choices at every meal. There’s a lot of information floating around the internet, and many people are becoming “food phobic” because wherever you turn, you’re likely to find yet another report that brands a “formerly healthy” food as “bad.”
After this module, you’ll:
- Know the role of foods in balancing your hormones, and understand the special considerations needed for your specific genetic patterns
- Understand which nutrient imbalances contribute to hormone imbalances and what specific foods you can eat to help you restore balance
- Know how to make sense of the “food religions” that tell you to eat this and don’t eat that without regard for your specific needs
- Know how to choose foods with your own needs in mind, and how to tune into your own body to determine which foods are not compatible with your good health
- Understand how to relax and enjoy delicious whole foods that nourish and support healthy digestion, detoxification, and hormone balance
Module 4: Optimize Your Digestion & Detox (August 21)
Digestion and detoxification efficiency are vital to the proper functioning of your entire body. Without efficient digestion, the barrier that normally protects your bloodstream form the toxins you digest is compromised. The chemicals that leak into your bloodstream as a result of this disruption burden your body’s natural defenses and detoxification systems — your immune system and your liver in particular.
In this module, we’ll explore the importance of a well-tuned digestive system in regaining and maintaining optimal health. We’ll look at the role of digestion on brain health, and the influence of stress on your digestion. We’ll look at the liver’s role in keeping you safe from the myriad of toxins in your food, water, and air. Hormone balance is intimately connected to gut health and the effectiveness of your detoxification systems.
We’ll look at how those systems interact, and what you can do from a diet and lifestyle perspective to optimize your detoxification and digestive systems. We’ll also explore the phases of liver detoxification, and the effects of an overburdened detox system on fat digestion, blood sugar, and vitamin and mineral status.
At the end of this module, you’ll:
- Understand how your digestion works, and how to optimize it so that your entire body functions at its best
- Know how to optimize your own detoxification systems, and what nutrients, herbs, and foods are important to include and exclude to optimize detoxification capacity
- Know how to fine-tune your digestive system, and how to optimize the functioning of the gut-brain connection
- Understand the role of stress and genetics on your digestive functioning, and the impact of genes on your microbiome and probiotic needs
Module 5: The Magic of Balanced Blood Sugar (August 28)
We’ll clarify why balanced blood sugar is so important, not just in the prevention of diabetes, but for the optimal functioning of every part of your body. We’ll cover how your body works at keeping blood sugar stable, what foods and lifestyle factors can throw it out of balance, and the long-term and short-term damage that out-of-control blood sugar can create. We’ll look at all the factors that are in your control and specific actions you can take today to get your blood sugar under control.
You’ll look at specific foods, nutrients, exercises, stress management practices, and lifestyle habits you can put into place NOW. You’ll get details about supplements and herbs you can use to improve your blood sugar balance, and how to measure your own blood sugar at home.
In this module, you’ll:
- Explore why blood sugar balance is critical for the optimal functioning of your entire body
- Understand how to measure your own blood sugar at home so you can make daily choices that keep you in balance
- Find out what foods you need to reduce or avoid, and what foods you need to eat more of to keep your blood sugar in balance
- Understand the importance of getting a good night’s sleep in keeping your blood sugar in balance
- Learn about genetic tendencies that can signal you to be more careful with your diet and lifestyle choices
Module 6: Creating Hormone Harmony (September 4)
Hormones control EVERYthing. You may simply think hormones are related to reproduction and sex, but in reality they’re in control of everything you do. There are literally hundreds of hormones that we know about and many more that we don’t. In this module, you’ll discover how hormones control your everyday functioning. Together we’ll take a peek into the inner workings of your endocrine system, and the hormones it produces. You’ll find out about the hormones that control your appetite, your digestion, your immune system, your metabolic rate, and more.
You’ll discover how your genes influence your hormone levels, and how your diet and lifestyle choices influence the expression of those genes. We’ll pay special attention to the thyroid, adrenal, and sex hormones and how they interrelate. You’ll learn about specific foods, nutrients, and herbs that influence your hormone balance, and you’ll get access to a few delicious hormone-balancing recipes.
After completing this module, you’ll:
- Know how to keep your hormones in balance using food, nutrients, and lifestyle choices, so you can stay in control of how you look and feel
- Understand the interactions between genes, hormones, and food so you can make the best choices
- Be able to create delicious hormone-balancing meals quickly and easily
- Understand the concept of hormone resistance, and how just taking hormones to replace the ones that are low isn’t getting to the root cause of WHY they are low
- Know how to request the proper testing for your hormones so you know their levels and can evaluate the effectiveness of your diet, lifestyle, and supplement choices
Module 7: Mapping Your Destiny Creating Your Unstoppable Health Roadmap (September 11)
In this module, we’ll pull together everything from the previous modules to guide you to create a road map to total well being for your journey to unstoppable health. You’ll map out your daily activities in each of the seven foundational lifestyle areas so you have what you need to restore balance to your hormones, digestion, and blood sugar.
By considering the obstacles and imbalances you identified in the second module, and observing your functioning as you experiment with foods as presented in the third module, you’ll be able to create a blueprint for your day-to-day activities. Plus, Dr. Ritamarie will share tools and strategies to help you overcome the everyday interferences that often thwart attempts to create healthy lifestyle balance — travel, celebrations, social pressures, emotional eating habits, and more will be addressed as we send you on your way to create and express unstoppable health in your daily life.
As a result of completing this module, you’ll:
- Have created a checklist you can hang on your refrigerator to guide your daily menu planning
- Have a strategy in place to remind you about your big WHY so you have a tool to help you when you have tough choices to make
- Understand which of the 7 lifestyle pillars are most challenging for you, so you can devote additional time to mastering good habits in those areas
- Have created a roadmap for your health and wellness journey which you can keep handy and refer to day after day, year after year
- Understand how to keep yourself healthy by choosing foods and lifestyle activities that are congruent with your values, and that make the most of your genetic tendencies