Proof of item:
Explore the latest interventions for improving functional mobility, strength, independence, and outcomes in acute care rehab.
Designed for all practice levels, from the new grad to the veteran acute care professional, this hands-on course will provide you with an updated knowledge base for making appropriate decisions within the ICU and acute care environments, implementing assessment and treatment tools, integrating existing treatment plans with progression into the plan of care, and adjusting or accommodating treatment interventions across the hospital stay through transition out of the hospital.
Discover the latest assessment techniques and learn how to integrate treatments into rehab plans during acute and post-acute phases. Practice the latest interventions, strategies, and best practices in hands-on labs throughout the live webcast.
Discover new treatments for:
- Early mobilization
- Management of lines, wires, and tubes
- Respiratory distress
- Intubation/Vent dependency
- Discharge planning
- Caregiver training
- State the critical elements of analysis and assessment in mobilizing medically fragile patients.
- Develop an appropriate plan of care for patients who present with a critically ill cardiac, neurological, or respiratory diagnosis.
- Distinguish the characteristics, similarities of, and differences between, medically fragile and general acute care patients and methods to implement successful therapeutic interventions with each.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the outcome tools available for assessment of the acute or critically ill patient.
- Evaluate strategies for addressing the behaviorally challenging patient and successful methods for patient engagement.
- Identify methods to effectively document progression throughout the acute care spectrum.
PHYSIOLOGICAL CHANGES IN ACUTE CARE
- Effects of immobility on organ systems
- Early and aggressive mobilization and intervention
ENSURING SAFE AND SUCCESSFUL TRANSFERS AND MOBILITY FOR ANY PATIENT
- Decision-making process
- Weight-bearing restriction mobilization
- Specific mobility restrictions
- Pulmonary embolism
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Mobilization management
- Chest tubes
- Arterial lines
- IV management
ICU/IMC SPECIFIC MANAGEMENT
- Fecal management systems
- Various catheter types
ADVANCED TREATMENT INTERVENTIONS FOR IMPROVED OUTCOMES
- Orthopedic interventions
- Orthopedically complex patient
- Cutting-edge interventions
- Transitioning to same day ortho discharge
- Shorter length of stay with improved outcomes
- Transfer considerations
- Alternative techniques for NWB
- Transfers for all WB restrictions
- Burn injury across the lifespan
- Types and degree of burn injury
- Burn management and surgical interventions
- Current trends in therapeutic burn intervention
- Cardiac diagnoses
- Cardiac surgery and appropriate therapeutic progression
- Sternal precautions
- Implementation of strength training
- Neurological emergencies and trends in intervention
- tPA administration and impact on therapeutic intervention
- Management of the severe stroke
- Patients with brief neurological deficits
- Respiratory compromised patient
- High-flow oxygen management
- Fresh take on energy conservation techniques
INTERVENTIONS FOR PATIENTS WITH COGNITIVE/PSYCHIATRIC DIAGNOSES
- Addressing the behaviorally challenging patient
- Motivation of the chronically-refusing patient
- Major depression and its impact on therapeutic intervention
OUTCOME EXPECTATIONS AND GOAL CONSIDERATIONS
- Short-term vs. long-term goal implementation
- Timing of PT/OTR reassessments
- Predicting the future
- Appropriate goal development
CREATING AN EFFECTIVE AND SUCCESSFUL DISCHARGE PLAN
- Importance of an interdisciplinary approach
- Pros/cons of sub-acute, home health, and other discharge destinations
CARING FOR THE CAREGIVER
- Client-centered practice and inclusion of the patient’s support system
- Managing the challenging family/caregiver
BILLING AND DOCUMENTATION
- Effective and successful documentation during acute and post-acute stay
- Documenting progression in patients with limited function
- Understanding G codes, payment, and billing
- History of productivity requirements and their necessity
- Current trends in productivity expectations
Tag: Acute Care & ICU Rehab: Strategies for the Medically Complex Patient – Cindy Bauer Review. Acute Care & ICU Rehab: Strategies for the Medically Complex Patient – Cindy Bauer download. Acute Care & ICU Rehab: Strategies for the Medically Complex Patient – Cindy Bauer discount.
Bradyn Eaton –
Very good service, but I did not like the CD’s | Acute Care & ICU Rehab: Strategies for the Medically Complex Patient – Cindy Bauer