Proof of item:
Interested in ACT and mindfulness but just want to dip a toe in the water ? Then this workshop is for you! Based on the popular self-help book, ACTivate Your Life, this workshop is designed for practitioners who want to find out more about third wave approaches and enhance and develop their practice by developing skills in acceptance, mindfulness and values procedures.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- About the 6 core ACT processes and how to practically apply them
- How to engage clients in exploring their personal values to drive purposeful life change
- 5 key simple, but powerful methods to help clients untangle from difficult thoughts (without challenging them)
- How to use mindfulness in a flexible, formulation-informed manner that doesn’t always rely on meditation.
- Ways to supercharge your working relationship to develop strong and meaningful connections.
- How to build a toolkit of powerful and new techniques to work with even the most tricky negative thoughts!
This workshop is designed for a broad range of professionals, including psychologists, therapists, coaches, social workers and physiotherapists.
The workshop will be fun and engaging to help you develop practical skills you can use straight away with your clients!
About The Presenter
Dr Joe Oliver is a Consultant Clinical Psychologist and founder of Contextual Consulting. He is also Course Director for the UCL Post Graduate Diploma in CBT for Psychosis and works within Camden & Islington NHS Foundation Trust. Joe is an active member of the Association for Contextual Behavioural Sciences as a peer reviewed ACT trainer. He is an effective and engaging speaker and consistently receives excellent feedback on his workshops (see testimonials HERE). He is co-editor of “Acceptance and Commitment Therapy & Mindfulness for Psychosis”, and co-author of the self help book, “ACTivate Your Life”, and of the text books, “ACT for Psychosis Recovery”, “Acceptance and Commitment Coaching” and “100 Key Points and Techniques in ACT”.