Proof of item:
Reclaim Your Wholeness, Guided By a
Rescripting how you see your life can turn your most feared traumas into your greatest successes, and your failures into stories of redemption. When you do this, you reclaim parts of your Self, expand your sense of wholeness and tap into powerful spiritual energies.
When you see the narrative arc of your life with fresh eyes, you are freed from old stories and enter a new field of possibilities.
You are like the caterpillar that sheds its outer skin to reveal the chrysalis, where it pupates before emerging as a beautiful butterfly — which is why that archetypal journey forms the storyline for the Metamorphosis Through Story Magic program.
Even though you likely didn’t learn the deeper power of stories in school, you can learn to apply them in powerful and effective ways with a master teacher like Luisah Teish. She’s trained thousands in the basic principles of storytelling, and has inspired everything from books to plays to major speeches.
Sculpt a Powerful New Story Based on Your
What Teish knows, and can share with you, are the specific ways to dig deep into your story — touching into lines of family lineage, culture and even your “soul archetype” — and then find the pathway to more compelling, engaging, life-enhancing stories.
She’s is a master weaver of empowering stories that help us create a strong chrysalis in which to transform ourselves.
Teish’s powerful story magic approach will help you create new personal guiding myths. It will help you understand how to change your narration so you can soar to your destination with brightly colored wings.
In this compelling 7-week training, you’ll learn foundational skills we all should have been taught in school — skills that help you mine the gold from your traumas and tragedies and understand the epic quality of what you’ve overcome.
Teish will show you how to identify your archetypes, connect with your ancestral lineage, understand the characters in your community — and flip the script on the story of your life and world.
When you join this exciting journey, you’ll:
- Experience myths, legends, folk tales and fairy tales from around the world.
- Understand the core structure of these stories and how to apply them to your life.
- Explore your dreamscape — its mythological beings and animal totems.
- Rediscover the power and joy of imagination that you had in childhood.
- Activate your inner artist, and discover talents hidden in your creative recesses.
- Investigate the archetypal characters in your family lineage.
- Learn how to activate and embody mythological characters for more freedom and greater access to your mythic imagination.
- Uncover the rewards of your cultural inheritance.
- Increase self-expression to enhance your self-esteem and sense of worth.
- Create stories of your family and community that inspire and motivate others.
- Flip the script on your personal mythology to see the positive drama in your major life transitions.
- Experience the joy of writing personal myth and memoir — and perhaps find the novel hidden in your life story.
- Enhance your intimacy and rapport with others.
What You’ll Discover in These 7 Weeks
Course sessions are on Thusdays at 5:00pm Pacific.
Each weekly LIVE teaching session will build upon the next, so that you’ll develop a more multidimensional understanding of the practices, tools and principles you’ll need to free yourself from old stories and enter new possibilities.
Module 1: The Power of Myth for
Discovering the Story of Every Living Thing (March 24)
We begin with a discussion of the magical power of storytelling. The “art of storytelling” is the grandmother of the church, the school and the theater. It preserves the wisdom of the ages. We’ll look at the many ways story has been used by humans to explain the mysteries of nature and to emphasize the magical in human life. We will examine the definitions of the word “myth,” how myths change overtime and who creates new myths. Then you will assess the myths that have affected your image of yourself and the world around you.
This module will help you to:
- Understand the core structure of myth.
- Discover the nature and function of myth and story.
- Become acquainted with myths from several cultures.
- Embrace change as an integral part of the natural order.
- Recognize that you have the power to change your life story.
Module 2: The Egg of Potential
On Becoming Anew (March 31)
In this module, we will identify inherited attitudes and beliefs. We will discover how your perspective was shaped by culture, class and clan. The question, “What’s my story?” and “Who told me who and how to be?” will be uncovered by recalling and recording childhood memories.
This module will help you to:
- Reclaim parts of yourself and expand your sense of wholeness.
- Bring your consciousness to another level of embodiment.
- Connect the undercurrents of your psyche with your emotional life.
- Sink your roots deeper into your lineage.
- Better understand your place in the family stream.
Module 3: The Grand Pupa
Shedding Your Old Skin (April 7)
Clearly, we have inherited a wealth of stories from our ancestral cultures. The myths and legends of “Illustrious Ancestors” and “Legendary Heroes” are stories based upon archetypes that emphasize the fulfillment of human potential. We’ll discuss the dual nature of these archetypes, help you shed the skin of the story you’ve been living and prepare you to surrender to the natural order of change.
This session will help you to:
- Release the limiting beliefs you have inherited.
- Write stories to release yourself and others from outworn attitudes.
- Surrender to the natural cycle of change.
- Understand the dual nature of our archetypal stories.
- Provide greater access to your mythic imagination.
Module 4: Hanging Out in the Chrysalis
After we shed our old skins, it’s time to surrender to the safety of the chrysalis — to become aware of the creative potential that sleeps within. Specific exercises in this module will help you to recover the mythic imagination of childhood. We will play with several archetypes, to see how they fit in the new life you are dreaming.
In this module, you will learn to:
- Choose the archetypes that resonate with you.
- Use writing to sculpt a vision for your new life.
- Protect your “new dream” from the memories of past failures.
- Create a nurturing environment for your new story to emerge.
Module 5: Metamorphosis 1
Flipping the Script (April 21)
Within the safety of the chrysalis, we prepare to transform our experiences into works of art. We will blend fact and memory with myth and vision to rescript the story of our lives and communities.
In this module, you will learn how to:
- Expand and ground your mythic imagination.
- Mythologize yourself.
- Experiment with the myth, folk tale and fairy tale forms.
- Create character names that describe your new self.
Module 6: Metamorphosis 2
On Butterfly Wings (April 28)
As we begin to emerge from the chrysalis, you will look at the colors of your new wings. Flipping the script on your personal myth changes the way you look, feel and act. It also changes the way the outer world responds to you. Now it’s time to try out your new wings by sharing your story in community.
In this module, you will learn the basic principles of storytelling, including:
- How to embody the character you’ve created.
- Using new colors and symbols to celebrate Self.
- Designing your flight pattern by telling your story.
- Sharing the lessons in your life story.
Module 7: Flying Freely (May 5)
Flipping the script is a process that can, and should be, repeated as you cross certain thresholds on your life path. In this final session, you will review the work you have done and discuss the cycles of change you can anticipate for the future.
In this module, you will:
- Evaluate the work you have done.
- Write an oath to your “new Self.”
- Discuss the desires of the distant future.