Proof of item:
Changes in the post-surgical environment mean that patients have shorter post-operative hospital stays and spend more recovery time at home. Nurses providing care in the post-operative setting are left with the highest risk patients and tight schedules for getting them out the door. You are now challenged to ensure safety, minimize complications, and support an optimal recovery along the way. If you are providing care to patients recovering from a surgical intervention, you are guaranteed to sharpen your skills through updated knowledge gained by watching this critical recording!
- Explain the essential measures to prevent complications of anesthesia.
- Understand various pain management strategies in the perioperative and postoperative period.
- Evaluate how the human body responds to stress and injury, particularly following a surgical procedure.
- Apply the “ebb” and “flow” theories surrounding responses to trauma.
- Incorporate new skills to prevent complications of surgical intervention.
- Learn how to contribute to an early identification of SIRS, sepsis, severe sepsis and septic shock.
- Propose the immediate interventions that must be taken with sepsis.
- Choose strategies to optimally prepare the patient for recovery at home.
- Incorporate the newest patient education theories in to everyday interactions with patients.
Types of Anesthesia and Sedation
- General and regional anesthesia
- Common complications
- Newest research in symptom management
Post-Operative Pain Control
- Complex pain management issues
- Evidence-based pain management
- Ideal vs. real world issues
- Managing effects and side effects
- Over-medication & accommodation
Physiologic Response to Surgical Stress
- Cellular level response
- Stress, inflammatory, and metabolic response
- Understanding the “ebb” and “flow” theory
- Newest research to reduce complications from surgical stress
- Identification and first response
- Real world scenarios and presentations
- The most up-to-date evidence to reduce infection rates
Special Situations & Ethical Issues
- Bloodless surgery
- Special considerations in GI surgery
- Consent issues
- Surgery on the DNR patient
- The ethics of evidence based surgical options
Recovery at Home
- The hospital stay as the first stage of recovery
- Newest patient education theories
- “What I wish someone had told me…”
Tag: Preventing Post-Operative Complications – Casseopia Fisher Review. Preventing Post-Operative Complications – Casseopia Fisher download. Preventing Post-Operative Complications – Casseopia Fisher discount.