Proof of item:
Do you ever feel defeated or frustrated when trying to care for a Spanish speaking patient because you don’t understand what they’re saying?
Bridge the communication gap with this online training designed specifically for busy healthcare professionals like you who are ready to learn Spanish in an effective, non–threatening experience, with “real–life” instruction geared for today’s medical professional.
From the comfort of your own home or office, International speaker and award–winning educator Tracey Long, PhD, RN, APRN, MS, MSN, CDE, CNE, CHUC, CCRN, gives you the Spanish vocabulary you need to know to confidently communicate with your Spanish speaking patients.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this comprehensive online course:
This online course has been broken into 16 self–paced modules so you can digest the information in shorter segments to enhance your learning abilities. You can start, stop and go back into any of the modules as you see fit to your learning schedule.
Modules 1 – 8:
You’ll learn the foundations of mastering a foreign language. You’ll start with the basic foundations of Spanish, such as the alphabet and common greetings, as well as how to progress through: nouns, verb conjugation and vocabulary for numbers, time, money, food, clothing and anatomy.
Once you’ve mastered the foundations of Spanish, you’ll start learning how to conduct patient assessments. You’ll begin learning vocabulary to describe families, irregular verbs and how to conduct skin, respiratory and cardiovascular assessments. You’ll walk away knowing vocabulary for colors, giving directions, and how to properly use the verbs ser and estar.
- Alphabet & cognates
- Numbers and nouns
- Food, clothes, and admitting questions
- Parts of the body and verb conjugation
- Colors and physical assessment questions
- Family, irregular verbs, and the skin system
- Ser/estar and respiratory system
- Hobbies, directions, CV system, and diagnostic tests
Modules 9 – 16:
In the second half of the course you’ll learn how to assess the gastrointestinal system, genitourinary system, musculoskeletal system, reproductive system and terminology for labor and delivery. You’ll also learn vocabulary for the calendar, professions, emotions, remedies, medical equipment, medications and specialists.
You’ll then pull all of your assessment skills together to create fluent sentences for communicating confidently with your Spanish speaking patients. We’ll also take a look at complementary and alternative medicine/folk medicine.
- Telling time, gastrointestinal system
- Quick phrases, emotions, professions, and GU system
- Animals, opposites, and musculoskeletal system
- Medical equipment, specialists, and reproductive system
- Gustar–like verbs, vital signs, hygiene, and administering meds
- Reflexive Verbs
- Body language, cultural competence, and CAM
- Final scenarios, commands, and emergency phrases
The Next Steps in Advancing Your Practice
- Watch your email for your order confirmation, and get instant access to all course materials, including the bonus materials — all designed to help you effectively integrate Spanish into your practice and your life. Click here for course objectives and outline.
- Review the course materials at your own pace and at your convenience! You’ll have unlimited access to all course videos and materials online forever. Plus, use the CE21 Mobile™ app to access the course content on-the-go, wherever and whenever you want on your mobile devices.
- Instantly collaborate with other professionals on the course materials through interactive message boards. You’ll be part of a community of hundreds of practitioners all focused on integrating the Spanish into their clinical practice, providing valuable opportunities to share insight and experiences and to build your professional network.
- Complete your online CE tests and earn up to 16.7 CE hours! Click here for total course CE Credit and credit details specific to your profession.