Proof of item:
Do you have clients who describe their chronic pain like, “my back is KILLING me” or “I just want my life back“? They want a life that isn’t controlled by pain… before it limited their activity, interfered with their sleep, and prompted the affair with their beloved opiate. They want a life that isn’t based on fear of even greater pain and suffering…
For clients with chronic pain, even after the physical injury has healed, when the pain persists, the spiritual and emotional effects can be devastating — depression, addiction, anger, loss and fear are just a few.
Transfuse hope into your clients’ lives with evidence–based behavioral interventions that work!
Join nationally recognized expert Bruce Singer, Psy.D., in this intensive online course to get step–by–step instructions for essential CBT, mindfulness and ACT interventions for treating chronic pain and co–occurring disorders that you can use tomorrow to evoke positive change for your clients.
You’ll gain cutting–edge assessment and treatment techniques for complex chronic pain that will help your clients un-attach emotional suffering from their physical pain so they can move toward acceptance and transition from a pain-centered life to a function–centered life.
Plus, when you enroll today you’ll also get TWO FREE BONUSES, including an online video training that digs into the opioid epidemic and offers additional mindfulness and CBT approaches to help your clients, and a free ebook that will teach you how to treat pain without pills and with confidence, Treating Chronic Pain: Pill–Free Approaches to Move People From Hurt To Hope.
Here’s what you’ll learn
In this online course, Dr. Singer will focus on the assessment and treatment of complex chronic pain and co-occurring disorders. Through four engaging modules of training, you will learn how to apply CBT, mindfulness, and ACT skills to facilitate “inside–out” pain management that empowers and motivates your clients.
Understanding Complex Chronic Pain and Treatments
One of the biggest mistakes made in the treatment of pain is misunderstanding what is being treated. Module one starts with a dissection of what chronic pain is, what you are treating, and leads into:
- Chronic pain syndrome and why conventional treatments fail
- Societal impacts of chronic pain
- Long-term effects of opiate use
- Biopsychosocial model of pain and how it affects overall quality of life
Best Practice Guidelines and Treatment Options
Building off the foundation developed in module one, module two focuses heavily on treatment options based on current clinical guidelines. You will cover:
- APA division 12 treatment recommendations
- Treatment goals and why setting them is so important for your clients’ outcomes
- Self–management strategies & evidence–based skills that don’t involve opioids
- Chronic pain assessment strategies and worksheets
- Diagnosis and treatment recommendations
The Chronic Pain Intervention Toolbox
As a clinician, you are in a unique position to provide effective pain management to your chronic pain clients… but only if you fill your invisible toolbox with evidence–based skills that work. In module three, you will gain practical CBT and mindfulness interventions that will motivate your clients to commit to the changes they want. You will walk step–by–step through treatment strategies, including:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) strategies for chronic pain treatment
- How to harness a client’s self–talk through cognitive restructuring
- Mindfulness-based pain management interventions
- Creative interventions to help clients see “What is NOT wrong with me”
- Wellness skills, active coping skills, gratitude activities, and more
A powerful theoretical model that can improve outcomes in psychosocial treatment of pain syndromes is psychological flexibility — which is the core focus of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). This final module breaks down some ACT treatment techniques for chronic pain as well as some strategies to increase happiness through gratefulness. In module four you will also walk through:
- Cognitive defusion and how to use it with your clients
- The illusion of control and how it affects our lives
- The Values Compass and how to help clients find their True North
- The hidden power of gratitude and its effect on overall happiness
The Next Steps in Advancing Your Practice
- Watch your email for your order confirmation, and get instant access to all course materials, including the bonus materials — all designed to help you effectively integrate chronic pain treatments into your practice. Click here for course objectives and outline.
- Review the course materials at your own pace and at your convenience! You’ll have unlimited access to all course videos and materials online forever. Plus, use the CE21 Mobile™ app to access the course content on–the–go, wherever and whenever you want on your mobile devices.
- Instantly collaborate with other professionals on the course materials through interactive message boards. You’ll be part of a community of hundreds of practitioners all focused on integrating chronic pain treatments in clinical practice, providing valuable opportunities to share insight and experiences and to build your professional network.
- Complete your online CE tests and earn up to 8.25 CE hours! Click here for total course CE Credit and credit details specific to your profession.
Tag: Treating Chronic Pain: Effective interventions you can use tomorrow – Bruce Singer, Don Teater, Martha Teater Review. Treating Chronic Pain: Effective interventions you can use tomorrow – Bruce Singer, Don Teater, Martha Teater download. Treating Chronic Pain: Effective interventions you can use tomorrow – Bruce Singer, Don Teater, Martha Teater discount.